Monday, August 1, 2022

Why Billy Graham was a great, special man of God

 I included a whole category on my blog of recorded sermons on You Tube from the great preacher, Billy Graham. There is something about Billy Graham that spoke to me, and even though I never attended one of his massive revivals, I have always been blessed and moved in my spirit by his powerful preaching style. 

There's something special a man of God who gives his life to the Lord at such a young age as Billy Graham did. I suppose I am envious of him because he TRULY walked the path to Heaven here on earth and never wavered from his sincere faith, and if he did, it wasn't scandalous or public. How many times have men in Christian leadership who are successful erred in the public eye and fell to some evil transgression? This has happened to the likes of Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker and many others, but not with Billy Graham. 

Maybe what I love the most about Billy Graham's style is that it's powerful and unapologetic. Billy Graham was revered and looked to by numerous presidents for spiritual counsel as well. He was the real deal. To watch him call those thousands in attendance to come up and be "saved" at the end of every revival was awe inspiring.  Billy Graham was doing God's work and he must certainly be in Heaven right now for eternity. 

I marvel at men like Billy Graham who heard God's voice and listened and followed. I know Billy Graham represents a specific kind of service to God and there's others with different gifts, but when I hear Billy Graham, I get inspired, and my faith gets strengthened. 

Enjoy his sermons on this blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Donald Trump the antichrist?

Donald Trump is many things but is he, possibly the antichrist as described in the book of Revelation?  Uh, no, he's not, BUT he does ha...