Sunday, July 31, 2022

Does anyone really think about one's eternity?

So much of the time I get caught up in what THIS WORLD has to offer, and it pisses me off. I should know better. It's one of the biggest traps believers and non-believers can fall into. Is it really a surprise given our limited scope of experience that we ONLY look at our experience of THIS WORLD? What else do we really have to go on? 

I was reminded in a sermon earlier today how un-grounded we can get when we ONLY look at this world. This world experience is a finite, fleeting adventure that will inevitably end and are you prepared? Am I prepared? I would respectfully say I believe most people; especially non-believers are NOT prepared for their eternal resting place. 

So much of the time we get caught up in the regimented life maps given to us and when we have sudden shifts in direction for whatever reason we get tweaked. We do not want surprises and we don't want hardship or suffering. So how do we get redirected to what's important. For me it's simply GOD. 

God will always bring us back, especially in his word to what we should be focusing on. God will help us through this life experience because GOD knows what awaits all of us and he truly wants us to focus on what is eternal, not temporal. 

Today I was restless. I was going to blow off church. I was sitting, parading social media, wasting time and I thought "Why don't I go to church?" I quickly got dressed, went to church and got fed a dose of God and it was really comforting and helpful. It was a community of people taking the time to worship together and it was uplifting and peaceful. 

God is not hiding. He wants us to seek him, to know him, and he'll get us focused on these really important eternal things that surpass this world and death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Donald Trump the antichrist?

Donald Trump is many things but is he, possibly the antichrist as described in the book of Revelation?  Uh, no, he's not, BUT he does ha...